Friday, May 23

LDR




Sand? Fuck.

"Good to see you sir. Sorry its not the right time for chitchat," he picked me up "Sir your nose. Your nose is bleeding,"

I wipe the warm drips with my sleeve. Russ pointed to that decent gun set halfway in the sand. It looks smaller in my hands compared to the last time, and it also feels lighter. It feels good. But I really wish my t-shirt match the sand. We are now both cowering inside the fragile bunker. I followed Russ to get to the other side of the dune, his prosthetic leg squeaks makes my headache worse.

"What year is it Russ? Do we still have the Valley with us?"
"I'm 34. No sir, we're sorry. Cameron and his bunch never make it out. We're on our way to the Japs, but since yesterday we got no response from them. I'm tired of these sand it messes with my stilts,"
"How's Sarah? She's fine?"
"Hey where is she?"

The ground shakes as I can see the swarm covering the dunes with its dull reflections. They didn't shoot. I saw one closing in to a soldier and puts its heavy feet on him, and the blast come after turns him to mush.
"They took her. I'm sorry,"
"If you hear her voice calling for you, its not her. They've cracked her open and bind her on one. They've figured out I guess,"

Sarah

"About me?"
"They're looking for you,"
"No shit,"
"I'm so-

I saw everything, the sands, the shrapnel, the blood. All suspended motionless in what feels like forever, few feet off the sands. One had sneaked up on us without us realising it. I don't know which way the dunes would hit me as I accelerated downwards, and it comes from behind. My spine's not a well crafted shock absorber. The sand feel so sharp in my hot glazing wounds, as heavy footsteps coming from top of the dunes. 

Speak of the devil.

"RUSSS!!!!!!"
"Yes sirrr," his voice gives out a disturbing hint of bubbles.
"I LOST MY GUN RUSSS. FUCKING SHOOT NOW,"

I can't see where he is but I'm glad his bubbly cough sounds close. And the heavy footsteps is coming closer as I can see it now. Why do they have to paint her face. And cut her hair clean.

"IN THE HEAD RUSS! IN THE HEAD!!"
"Okay sirrrrr,"
"Goodbye sirrwurfplhglb, thank you for your time,"
"Next time Russ," "Its 34 right? I'll make sure you know,"

I don't think he hear me. I don't think he got time to look around as well. The towering brute come closer. The head is no match for that ancient body. Its beauty is still a remnant of its owners essence, although it looks like a painted mannequin from the stores. But the eyes are moving. I can't stop looking back, hoping to meet her eye but I'm glad I didn't. I try to get up to give Russ a better aim, but he fired before I could overcome my wounds.

It hits the back of my head like a baseball bat. In seconds its all blurred as my vision pixellated in a violent spin. All my senses got sucked and rearranged so does my consciousness. I hope that Mute got caught in the vortex. Cut half in front of Russ.

I open my eyes to the wetness of the forest. They threw me here this time, easy for me to get cleaned up. I got sand in my shoes, but I'm glad I didn't brought back the wound too. Good but short. It took me few minutes to puke all my stomach contains, hoping next time I would be pulled when Sarah was still alive. Hate to think that I'll have nightmare about Russ tonight, but I'm sure I don't want one with her on top of that thing. I took off the bloody t-shirt and jump into the river.



No comments:

Post a Comment