Tuesday, October 7

are we there yet?





Inches are now miles.
Days are now years.
Two roads are now made one,
and destinations are set
for as long as our fingers are intertwined.

Aim for the furthest you say.
Shoot for the brightest star.
Doesn't matter how severe
my worries leave me sleepless,
wrecked and dying, you'll serenade me
with tales from a better life.

"It's okay,"
"It's allright,"
"We'll make it through no matter what,"

But will you ever let go? I won't.
For everyone knows
how my feet are stronger
when I walk beside you.
How my stride are more swift,
and my smile are more sincere.

For everyone knows
how easily you rip the pages,
and rewrite me line by line.
I am your masterpiece.
I am your companion.
I am yours.

Sing me a song my dear,
tell me stories that I will remember
promises we will keep forever
mountains we will both conquer
shores we'll swim together
stars we'll die under.



No comments:

Post a Comment