Sunday, July 6

new trick





Rocky was barking non stop at the window. He had been acting a bit weird since we get him inside, and now he had spotted something behind our fences. The last time he did this is when that weird kid trying to climb over. I told Marie to stay in the living room as I grab the baseball bat. Rocky calmed down as I get outside with the bat loosely in my right.

I give an "O.K" sign to Marie and Rocky through the glass. As I take few steps across the wet grass, I tell myself on how unlikely a robbery is to be happening in the rain. The only possible culprit is that weird kid, even a thunderstorm would not stop him. Some say he had been entering houses for fun. I was pulled back to my intention as a faint trail of blood on the fences heighten my senses.

I followed it out of the gate until it leads me to a spot in the bushes, where the weeds is pressed down by a mangled body. It was too familiar, covered in its wet golden fur. Raindrops keep hitting on it, washing away some of the blood covering it into numerous little red streams. I stare at it, baffled and soaked head to toe.

"Rocky?" it didn't respond to me poking on it with the bat, while my head processing everything desperately fast. I waited for my feet's next move, while my baseball bat already on the ground. My conclusion causes me to turn my gaze to the window. The dog is not there anymore, so does Marie.



No comments:

Post a Comment